The Friends of St James the Less, Dorney
(established as a Sub Committee of the Parochial Church Council)
- The ultimate responsibility for the care, maintenance, repair and insurance of the Church of St James the Less, Dorney is vested in the Parochial Church Council (PCC) under "The Parochial
Church Council's (Powers) Measure 1956". This cannot be delegated to another body by law.
- The Friends of St James the Less (“Friends”) scheme is set up under the aegis of the Parochial Church Council of St James the Less, Dorney in the diocese of Oxford, whose officers control
- The Parochial Church Council of St James the Less, Dorney (“PCC”) has passed a resolution establishing the Friends as a sub-committee, and has two Members of the PCC as Members of the
- “The Friends of St James the Less, Dorney Fund” is a restricted fund of the St James the Less PCC.
- The Friends Committee should have a Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary and two members of the PCC, one of whom should be a Churchwarden. The Parish Priest may elect to be an ex-officio
member. Other persons with specific skills and experience may be co-opted onto the committee up to a maximum membership of nine. The Members of the Friends Committee are subject to approval by the
- The Treasurer of the Friends Committee will liaise with the PCC Treasurer for the recovery of Gift Aid on appropriate gifts to the Friends fund, using the HMRC registration of the
- The Friends are responsible for raising funds for the PCC solely for the purpose of maintaining and conserving the Parish Church and its churchyard and associated buildings. Any funds
raised by the Friends will be used solely for that purpose, and under the direction of the PCC.
- The Friends will be responsible for organising Membership, communication with members and events for fund-raising.
- The PCC may delegate to the Friends Committee the role of making grant applications (including VAT refunds) for funds to repair, restore and conserve the Church of St James the Less. Grant
applications should be for work prioritised, approved and overseen by the PCC. Such grants as applied for and the results of the application process should be reported to the PCC.
- The Friends committee may use its funds for necessary expenses incurred and for fund-raising purposes. Regular reports on financial activity should be made to the PCC.
Chairman: Bill Dax
Treasurer: David Pepler
Secretary: Ted Longden
Muriel Pepler Churchwarden
Mark Procter Churchwarden
John Wood Dow
The Vicar(ex officio)